Health care is becoming more and more complex with the emergence of new technologies. One such technology that has been around for a while but can still be confusing to understand is chiropractic correction. What are the benefits, who should get it, and what does it do?
Chiropractors provide treatments for many different conditions, including back pain, neck pain, headaches, and more. Our goal is to give you a better quality of life by providing our patients with relief from their symptoms so they can enjoy their daily lives again.
What is Structural Chiropractic Correction?
Chiropractors go beyond spinal adjustments. There are two main types of chiropractors - traditional and non-traditional, or holistic as they may be referred to.
Structural Chiropractic Correction is a practice that focuses on one specific form of chiropractic called Structural Correction. Structural correction focuses to restore the body to its normal structure and find the cause of abnormalities and malfunctions. Usually, an accident or injury causes a posture misalignment, which turns the body's natural position to shift into a locked position full of tension. Misalignments are most common in the head and neck region.
The lopsided weight distribution can cause one leg to be shorter, hips and shoulders to become uneven, twisting within the body. The head will no longer sit evenly on your neck due to this imbalance in posture.
The position of your spine can have a huge impact on the rest of your body. It causes stress to speed up the breakdown process, which results in a disc and joint degeneration or osteoarthritis. This deterioration continues with every move you make until you correct it back into its natural state. However, correcting the deterioration is only possible upon finding out the root of the problem as soon as possible.
Sometimes, the issue is not what it seems to be. One of the most noticeable symptoms of misalignment is a sharp-shooting pain in your back that can radiate to other areas. The pain often happens due to bones shifting. As the bones shift, it puts pressure on nerve endings, which send signals to our body to feel pain and weakness sensations throughout the body. The signals will reach the nerve endings, making an individual feel sensation, such as pleasure and pain.
Structural Chiropractic Correction VS Traditional Chiropractic
Chiropractic care is one of the best ways to keep your spine healthy. A healthy spine can be accomplished through a variety of methods, including corrective chiropractic services that use structural radiographs and spinal adjustments.
Traditional Chiropractic focuses on reducing pain, decreasing muscle tension, and increasing the range of motion of joints. These things all have significant benefits and can provide some relief from your symptoms.
Traditional chiropractors focus on a single segment of the spine and body to provide adjustments in alleviating nerve irritation. They use different techniques, like massage therapy or chiropractic treatments, which address common conditions such as headaches, back pain, and neck pain.
Corrective professionals will look into the normal range of the spine to ensure it functions optimally. Any deviation in the curves of the spine may cause symptoms, including back pain, sciatica, headache, and neck pain. However, corrective professionals aim to make measurable changes in the shape of your spinal cord instead of merely treating these symptoms.
Structural correction professionals study the structure of a spine. They use structural radiographs to tell if patients need corrective care or manage their condition with chiropractic care.
How Does It Work?
Practitioners who focus on this treatment will also look into secondary conditions along with the symptoms of their patients. Structural chiropractors also address issues related to spinal alignment by correcting any vertebral shift. To correct vertebral shifts, chiropractors utilize gentle manipulation and stimulation techniques. Moreover, they can also address problems in muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
Before proceeding to any adjustments, chiropractors will take a comprehensive medical history of the patient. They will get detailed information about their symptoms and secondary conditions to provide optimal care for them. It can be difficult to diagnose health conditions such as spine pain or heart disease. https://urbanyogaphx.com/ xanax 0.25mg buy online Symptoms for such ailments are not always present. In some cases, when diseases do manifest signs, the symptoms may lead people astray in assessing their condition, considering other factors could have caused them.
Additionally, structural chiropractors might ask for laboratory exams, such as X-rays and CT scans. The tests that the doctor orders will determine the severity of misalignment. Depending on the findings, if structural chiropractic correction can not fix the spinal misalignment, you may be referred to a surgeon.
More so, the following are some of the interventions structural chiropractors use in dealing with spinal misalignment:
- Spinal decompression
- Structural adjustments
- Structural soft tissue reconstruction
- Rehabilitation through stretching and exercise
- Nutritional guidance
What are the Benefits of Structural Correction?
It has been proven that chiropractic care is the most effective form of natural health care. Structural correction is one of the safest and easiest ways to improve the quality of life of a person by restoring the proper function of the body.
The following are some of the benefits of receiving structural correction from a chiropractor.
- Improved Function and Strength - The brain can be retrained to correct itself in cases of chronic joint pain. By using the proprioceptive signals that come from a specific area. Proprioceptive refers to the ability of a stimulus to sense the position and movement of the body. People can go through motions they need for their own body and input it to the neurons themselves.
- Better Nutrient Supply - Some joint structures do not have blood flow. These joints receive nutrients through motion. Many people experience a stiff feeling in their joints after sitting for too long. This feeling is due to the muscles around that joint contract being unused. Through specific structural chiropractic adjustments, you can regain full range of motion as well as synovial fluid movement to lubricate your joints.
- Reduced Nerve Pressure - Nerves and nerve bundles are soft tissue. They are not hardy under physical pressure, as it has been shown that inflammation or bulging discs can interfere with proper nerve conduction. A stuck joint can cause several different symptoms, depending on how the nerve is being pressed and the cause of the bulging discs. A chiropractor might be able to help by simply adjusting your joints to their correct position. Thus, promoting a decrease in the pressure from nerves and nerve bundles.
Who Should Consider a Structural Correction Procedure?
Back pain is a common ailment that many people experience at some point in their lives. Pain problems include people with perfectly aligned spines. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, consider visiting your local chiropractor:
If you ever experience any of these symptoms, do not hesitate to contact a chiropractor. They will provide initial treatment and go over your spine multiple times just in case something goes wrong again. Chiropractors are trained and qualified to deal with spinal issues, as they know what structures in your spine can be adjusted if needed. They also will provide exercises for you to maintain good health even at home upon finishing treatment.
Who Can Receive Structural Chiropractic Correction?
Structural Corrective care is a treatment for those who are experiencing structural shifts in their body. It can help many different types of people, including:
- Pregnant and Pediatrics - The spine plays a vital role in many aspects of a person's life. For example, the structure and function of the spine are essential not only for birth but also contribute to proper development as well. Numerous studies support the safety of chiropractic treatment during pregnancy and in pediatrics.
- People suffering from scoliosis - Scoliosis is a condition in which the spine curves to one side, often making it difficult or impossible for patients to stand up straight. Structural corrective chiropractic care can help with both mild and severe cases of scoliosis by targeting specific spinal segments. Most of these spinal segments are the source of pain and discomfort.
- Nutrition and Immune System - Your body's structure dictates the way your body functions. If you do not put the significant nutrients in your body, sickness and illnesses are most likely to develop. Additionally, not getting enough nutrients results in organ malfunction. The body is prone to acquire diseases and organ malfunction when the immune system is weak. This is highly preventable through proper nutritional counseling and chiropractic care.
Chiropractors use evidence-based interventions in providing quality and effective structural chiropractic corrections. Through proper research and experience, they ensure to provide the best chiropractic care to anyone.